Monday 28 January 2013

Torquay Offleash Beach - White Beach (my rating B)

Torquay is on Great Ocean Road (the beginning of the Great Ocean Road?), it's a lovely town, the visitor centre is very friendly and helpful.  I love the slogan in particular: I love Torquay, Salt in the air, Sand in the hair!

The offleash beach (offleash all year round) is long and big with plenty of car parks,  the view to open sea is just magnificent!  The sand is fine,  the large amount of seaweed made me feel less relaxed when I was in the water.  The water near the beach was too shallow at the time we visited, and made me impossible to float / swim.  We had to walk quite a distance to be able to stand in the water up to the waist. But the waves are good for surfing.

 (image extracted from council website: surfcoast.vic.gov.au)

Looks like the people on the beach are all dog lovers, and they seem don't mind a bit to have any dog running into them for a pat or to say "hi".

p.s.: Mum thinks this is the best beach she's been to.  But I still love the Offleash Beach@Queenscliff better.
 But definitely, parking is much easier here than at Queenscliff.

(the water is too shallow for a swim)

(The view is just awesome!)


(The sand, the sea, the atmosphere, what a place for an afternoon nap!)

2 comments:

  1. I would like to have holidays at Torquay beaches. Enjoy the sea and go surfing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anna, Torquay is one of my favourites on Great Ocean Road, the town is just so charming. Ideal place for a holiday, especially if you love surfing / ocean! ^-^

      Delete